- This event has passed.
Many Worlds Are Possible! Dinner Celebration at Alternatives Library
November 29, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Please Signup For Updates
Join us in celebrating the rich history of racial and economic justice, LGBTQ empowerment, feminism, disability rights, ecology, local economies, black liberation, indigenous resistance, and so much more… Join us in celebrating solidarity, mutual aid, grassroots organizing.
The Alternatives Library has been in operation since 1974 and we continue to circulate our collection through all 33 libraries in the Finger Lakes Library System.
One of our main programs, Prisoner Express is growing every day, and in the last six months over 6,000 people incarcerated in the U.S. have enrolled in our programs and received the newsletter, correspondence, and packages of books.
Dinner, music, networking, and a brief presentation by Prisoner Express
With catering by Enat Ethiopian Cuisine, live music, performance of prisoner poetry, a display of prisoner art, and a grassroots community expo, there’s no better time to browse our unique collection and visit the Durland Alternatives Library.
(free parking at the building after 5pm, wheelchair accessible)
What to Expect
- Catering by Enat Ethiopian Cuisine, vegan and GF options
- Presentation of prisoner writing, art, and poetry by volunteers in the program
- Live Old Time String Band Music by the Flywheels!
- Everyone is welcome! There is a suggested donation with a meal and with any and all contributions you can become a “friend of the alternatives library”
- Free parking at Anabel Taylor Hall, after 5pm
- Wheel chair accessible, dedicated parking on College Ave
Menu (RSVP Required for dinner)
- Kik Alicia Wet
- Misir Wet : red split lentils cooked with onions, garlic, and spicy berbere sauce
- Key Sir Wet
Please donate to support the event : https://www.givegab.com/campaigns/dal-fundraising-dinner
The Durland Alternatives Library is wheelchair accessible and handicap parking is available at the front of the building. Food provided at this event will include sugar-free, gluten free, and vegan options. The Alternatives Library is a fragrance-free space, please refrain from wearing perfume or cologne. Thanks!