The Alternatives Library hoping to re-open in Fall 2021
In compliance with Cornell University safety measures, the Durland Alternatives Library remains closed while Anabel Taylor Hall maintains a lower level of activity. We are very sorry that we cannot provide our materials at this time, even for curbside pickup.
If anything changes we will be sure to let you know. To get announcements, please join our email list here.
Prisoner Express program is still very much active. Learn how to volunteer at https://prisonerexpress.org/volunteer
There you can join the online community, browse the archive, and participate in live online events.
Our closure impacts the following programs:
The following services are currently unavailable until we are able to access the physical location.
- Public access to the library
- Inter-library loan
- Cornell Lending Library
- People’s History Art Collection
We’re sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, and we’re actively responding to questions about patron accounts at email@example.com
You can also use the chat icon in the bottom right of your screen to contact us directly and get technical support.
Patron Accounts and Borrowed Items
- Library loans are extended until Fall 2021, including lending library items
- We encourage you to return items to the Tompkins County Public Library and any library in the Finger Lakes Library System (this does NOT include lending library materials)
- Textbook Lending library materials can be returned to Olin library in Central Cornell Campus.
- Materials can be mailed to Durland Alternatives Library, CTA / Alternatives Library, PO Box #6556, Ithaca, NY 14851 and we will check them in for you.
You can also leave us a message in the chat icon here in the bottom right of the screen.
We wish you care in these tough times.